This past weekend was reserved for a special DIY project that I could use as christmas decor, either inside or outside. These cute twine orbs/balls I made are so great looking, they would make a great addition to your indoor or outdoor decor even if it’s not holiday season.
You will need:
- Wood glue. (This is the one I used: Gorilla wood glue)
- Some balloons. Water balloons would give a nice round shape. I used regular balloons which were a little oval in shape, but didn’t make a difference to the end result.
- disposable containers and glasses.
- Decorative lights (optional). (here are the ones I used: yellow lights and colorful lights)
Now let’s get on with making these:
- place a large trash bag or newspapers on the surface of your work/craft area.
- Blow up the balloons to as big or as small you would like the twine balls to be. Place the balloon on a disposable (or not) cup or glass.
- Cut up the twine into 1 foot pieces. Some people don’t cut up the twine, but I found that cutting it into little pieces makes the whole process a little easier and a little less messy.
- Empty some wood glue into a disposable container. The description the bottle of glue says it’s good for indoor as well as outdoors (even in rain and snow).
- Put the twine pieces into the glue and mix them up well with a stick or spoon so that each one is soaked well in the glue.
- Begin picking up the twine, squeezing out excess glue and start sticking it to the balloon.
- Stick all the twine to the balloon and make sure to fill up empty spaces and turn the balloon around as you go.
- Once done, keep the balloon to dry overnight.
- Pop the dried balloon and remove it from inside the ball.
- Decorate by wrapping the lights around or inside the orb…….
Voila! You have a wonderful decorative piece that so easy and fun to make. Great for a weekend project!
You can add glitter to the glue if you like!! 🙂 And here is the end result, isn’t it so pretty!! 🙂